Join our remarkable team
Shape the next wave of STEM education with TERC. We are a non-profit committed to academic excellence, diversity, equality, and inclusion in our practices and in our mission. Through our partnerships with public and private schools, academia, government, and business, we are revitalizing classrooms, sparking a love of learning, awakening curiosity, and re-envisioning how people experience STEM.
#22-08 — Project Manager
Summary of Responsibilities
Work with three principal investigators (PIs) of four different multimillion-dollar projects to do the following:
- Manage budgets:
- Forecasting and communicating actionable results to PIs.
- Maintaining records of both dollars spent and available budget in formats easily understood by PIs who are without financial backgrounds.
- Ensure that dollars are spent in proper funder-allowed categories and in accordance with TERC policies
- Manage processes for purchases, expense reports, sub-awardee and consulting agreements, invoices, and others as needed.
- Develop and manage proposal- and project-related processes and documents and follow up with project staff to ensure timely completion to precise standards of funders and internal TERC deadlines.
- Initiate and maintain written and oral communication with external partners and funders as needed.
- Create, format, and maintain project documents as needed to ensure ease of use by PIs, communication with the public, and/or conformity to funder regulations.
- Assess the administrative needs of the project and make recommendations for addressing and implementing on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain WordPress “microsite.”
- Experience with high-level oversight and attention to the details of financial documents key to proposals and project implementation.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects, including understanding project goals, tasks, and personnel.
- Professional communication skills with internal team and external clients.
- Knowledge of federal funder regulations.
- Experience with or ability to quickly acquire expertise in using online funder portals.
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience with TERC’s internal administrative processes a plus.
- Ability to coordinate work hours with pacific and central time zones.
- Ability to work independently.
- B.A., preferably in business or related major, or equivalent experience.
When applying, you will be asked to upload your resume and cover letter to: HR Apply. This is an exempt, remote position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent Benefits. No phone calls please and no recruiter or agency inquiries.
When you begin your career with TERC, you’ll join a friendly collaborative environment dedicated to teaching and learning. You’ll have a variety of cutting-edge technologies right at your fingertips, along with responsive IT support. You’ll be guided by enthusiastic mentors and access exciting opportunities for professional development.
Our location in Cambridge, Massachusetts gives us direct access to some of the most prestigious and innovative research and academic facilities in the world. We occupy a historic restored factory building between Porter and Davis Squares, convenient to public transportation, with walking access to restaurants, shops, and parks. Employee parking and limited guest parking are also available. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan, as well as flexible schedules and a healthy work-life balance.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
TERC deeply believes that a diversity of experiences, ideas, and characteristics (race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, disability, veteran status, and more) contributes to the creativity and impact of our research. We promote inclusion of such richly diverse perspectives not only to achieve equity in the workplace, but also to cultivate equitable and accessible STEM learning opportunities for all. As such, TERC always seeks to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. Read our Diversity Statement and our full Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.