Join our remarkable team
Shape the next wave of STEM education with TERC. We are a non-profit committed to academic excellence, diversity, equality, and inclusion in our practices and in our mission. Through our partnerships with public and private schools, academia, government, and business, we are revitalizing classrooms, sparking a love of learning, awakening curiosity, and re-envisioning how people experience STEM.
TERC IT Operations Support (IT & Facilities Support 2) #21-10
About the Role:
The IT Operations Support role provides general support for the IT and Facilities departments.
TERC is an all Mac environment; familiarity with Apple hardware and software is helpful but not necessary. The successful candidate will have regular direct interaction with staff via a variety of remote methods as well as distanced in-person interaction. They will thrive in a team environment, but also be able to tackle small projects on their own.
This is a full-time non-exempt support position as part of a highly collaborative combined IT and Facilities department. TERC has a hybrid work environment; while some work (approximately 25%) may be conducted remotely, the successful candidate will primarily work onsite at our offices in Cambridge.
Interviews will be conducted remotely via Zoom.
- Monitors IT/Facilities ticketing system and assigns tickets to others as appropriate.
- Provides Tier 1 support to help requests, selecting from standard responses or providing links to existing documentation.
- Troubleshoots supported equipment and services at a basic level, using provided documentation. These may include staff laptops, onsite workstations, multifunction printers and audiovisual equipment.
- Assists with general office support tasks such as handling incoming/outgoing mail, refilling supplies, and maintaining clean and organized public spaces.
- Assists with tracking inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Submits tickets to Management Company regarding maintenance needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A high attention to detail
- Interest and willingness to learn new tools and technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral English communication skills
When applying, you will be asked:
- Upload your resume and cover letter to: HR Apply
- Are you a macOS user?
- How many years of desktop support experience do you have?
- How many years of office experience do you have?
- Are you comfortable with working in an onsite office environment?
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Please do not call and no recruiter or agency inquires. (Job Ref. #21-10)
Senior Research Associate #21-05
TERC, a non-profit dedicated to improving STEM education, is seeking either one full time or two part time educational researchers to join a dynamic team working on two projects both involving online communities of practice to facilitate knowledge exchange and collegial discourse. The first project is aimed at serving the needs of STEM teacher leaders and aspiring teacher leaders. (Please see: https://stemtlnet.org ) The second project enables leaders of federally funded grants aimed at improving STEM teaching and learning to share their work with each other and multiple other constituencies through video and facilitated discourse (See: https://stemforall2021.videohall.com )
The successful candidate will work with a team of seven that includes programmers, content management and outreach specialists, researchers and Principal Investigators. We are located in a historic factory building between Porter & Davis Squares in Cambridge MA but will consider candidates who want to work at a distance. Your contributions will make a difference to the field of STEM teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will have a Master’s degree or PhD in educational research, communications research, psychology, or related fields. They will have an interest in one or more of the following:
- Collegial networks that facilitate knowledge sharing, resources, and opportunities.
- Sharing of STEM educational expertise through video and discourse online.
- Development and empowerment of STEM teacher leaders.
- STEM teaching and learning programs and environments.
- Social media campaigns for outreach and dissemination.
Candidates who will be considered will have many of the following skills:
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis of data.
- Experience in designing surveys, interview protocols, and conducting focus groups.
- Creating and testing coding rubrics and applying them to different types of data including interviews, survey responses, and online discourse.
- Comfort, skill and experience with technology tools for data collection and analysis (e.g. Excel, NVivo, SPSS, survey administration tools).
- Experience/Interest in Social Network Analysis research.
- Strong communication and reporting skills, including the ability to work well with a team, draw conclusions from evidence, and present alternative perspectives and explanations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare and present findings of the projects at conferences and to write articles for publication.
When applying, you will be asked:
- To upload your resume, cover letter and sample of your research or writing to: HR Apply
- Are you interested in a full-time position, or a 50% position?
- Which of the two projects (or both) are of interest to you and why?
- Are you interested in working at TERC or at a distance?
- Attach one relevant writing sample.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Please do not call and no recruiter or agency inquires. (Job Ref. #21-05)
When you begin your career with TERC, you’ll join a friendly collaborative environment dedicated to teaching and learning. You’ll have a variety of cutting-edge technologies right at your fingertips, along with responsive IT support. You’ll be guided by enthusiastic mentors and access exciting opportunities for professional development.
Our location in Cambridge, Massachusetts gives us direct access to some of the most prestigious and innovative research and academic facilities in the world. We occupy a historic restored factory building between Porter and Davis Squares, convenient to public transportation, with walking access to restaurants, shops, and parks. Employee parking and limited guest parking are also available. We offer a competitive benefits package, including health insurance and a 403(b) retirement plan, as well as flexible schedules and a healthy work-life balance.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
TERC deeply believes that a diversity of experiences, ideas, and characteristics (race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, disability, veteran status, and more) contributes to the creativity and impact of our research. We promote inclusion of such richly diverse perspectives not only to achieve equity in the workplace, but also to cultivate equitable and accessible STEM learning opportunities for all. As such, TERC always seeks to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. Read our Diversity Statement and our full Equal Employment Opportunity Statement.