Calling All STEM Teachers of Grades 7–12 to participate in the Innovate to Mitigate Challenge!
Love to teach environmental science?
Want to support problem-based learning?
Challenge your students to submit ideas about how to address climate change by reducing greenhouse gases!
POSSIBLE SCHOOL CONTEXTS
- As part or whole of your course elective
- As a final middle or high school graduation project
- As an independent study project
- As a free-choice option conducted by students in out-of-school time, and mentored by you
- Three, two-hour webinars for project orientation, review of materials, strategies for supporting problem-based learning
- Ongoing, peer-to-peer support in mentored online discussions to share practices with other teachers
- Weekly virtual “office hours” for answers to specific questions or challenges.
- Professional Development Points for hours spent on the project
Check the website for details: Innovatetomitigate.org
View past submissions: https://innovate2015.videohall.com
Funded by the National Science Foundation under grant #1908117.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org