Directions for PD Session 1
Part 1: Create an account
You will need a Scratch account to create, save, and share your Scratch projects. The steps below will walk you through creating a new account and creating a profile.
- Follow this link to the Scratch Educators page: https://scratch.mit.edu/educators
- Scroll down and click on the “Request Account” button.
- Complete the steps and check your email for approval (this may take up to a full day)!
Part 2: Practice with Scratch
On your Scratch page, select “Create” on the top left of the screen then click the “Tutorials” button in the top menu bar. Complete the following tutorials:
- Getting Started with Scratch
- Make a chase game
- Make a clicker game
- Make a Pong game
- Make it fly
- Animate a character
- Create animations that talk
- Add a Sprite
- Add a backdrop
- Glide around
- Hide and show
If you have questions, try going back to the “discuss” button on the main Scratch page and search for forum topics that address your question.
[Note: The forums can be a valuable resource for students, so it is good to get to know how to use them.]
To learn more about Scratch in general go to: https://scratch.mit.edu/about/
Visit the ScratchEd site for teachers: http://scratched.gse.harvard.edu/