Investigating Astronomy is the first comprehensive astronomy textbook written specifically for high school students. In writing this book, we have tried to include all the major topics in an astronomy course while also engaging you in hands-on investigations and using tools that will help you learn in an interactive and meaningful way. The book also focuses on scientific inquiry, the process of making scientific claims and supporting them with evidence, and using scientific reasoning to justify and revise those claims.
Minimum System Requirements
To help ensure a good experience viewing our e-books, we recommend the following minimum system requirements.
- Please set your browser to display PDFs in a new tab to best access the curriculums.
- Operating System: Windows XP®,Vista®,7®,8®; Mac OS X®
- Processor Speed: 2 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB (Windows XP®); 1 GB (Windows Vista® or Mac OS X®)
- Connection Speed: 1.5 Mbit/sec
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7®; Firefox 4® (Windows®); Firefox® 4 (Mac®)1; Safari® 4
Adobe Reader® (Windows®)2
3 For windows users please use the Adobe Reader Plug In – see link below. Adobe Reader may be downloaded free of charge at http://get.adobe.com/reader.
4 All iOS device users (iPad, iPhone, iPod) please enable cookies in your Safari browser or you will not be able to log into the site. To enable cookies please see link below.
5 All Android device users please install the Adobe Reader Plugin.