Browse the collections below for resources developed and recommended by the Adult Numeracy Center.
- Research including effective teaching practices
- Standards including an Overview, which illustrates how standards develop across levels
- Curriculum including sample instructional units
- Instruction including teaching ideas for students with learning disabilities/differences (LD) and lessons from Statistics in Action
- Online Resources including tips on how to use them in math classes
Other Resources for Adult Numeracy Professional Development Support
Attention adult education teachers in Massachusetts! Did you know that you can sign up for FREE math, ELA, and ESOL professional development events and access resources, research, and lesson/curriculum samples through the System for Adult Basic Education Support (SABES)? Learn more at www.sabes.org. The SABES Mathematics and Adult Numeracy Curriculum & Instruction PD Center is managed by the staff of the Adult Numeracy Center at TERC.
The Adult Numeracy Network (ANN) publishes a tri-annual newsletter called The Math Practitioner. The organization also serves as the Math and Numeracy strand partner for the annual Coalition on Adult Basic Education (COABE) national conference and hosts the annual Teaching & Learning Institute at COABE’s pre-conference. ANN connects the public with resources on math instructional strategies and materials, professional development opportunities, and social justice and math initiatives.