The following job openings are available at TERC.
|Anchor||Investigations RA||Investigations RA#14-08 Research Assistant|
The STEM Education Evaluation Center (SEEC) at TERC is seeking a full-time Researcher with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. The Researcher will work on a recently funded, multi-year project examining the impact of an early algebra intervention. Specifically, the work will focus on evaluating the extent to which teachers are implementing the intervention as it is intended and identifying what aspects of the intervention are easy or difficult to apply in the classroom. The Researcher will regularly communicate with school personnel and collaborate with project staff and provide general support to senior project staff to ensure efficient data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Master’s degree in education, psychology, sociology or equivalent. Candidates without a Master’s degree but who have commensurate work experience will be considered.
- Previous experience designing interview protocols, conducting interviews, and analyzing qualitative interview data.
- General familiarity with video recording equipment and working with digital video files.
- Previous experience with video taping in classrooms, or willingness to become comfortable in doing so
- Previous experience coding observation data
- Ability to travel periodically to North Carolina conduct classroom observations
- Excellent organization and scheduling skills
- Comfort in communicating via email and telephone with school personnel
- Experience working in school settings and a background in STEM education are both pluses.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please contact: Lindsay_Demers@terc.edu No phone calls please. (Job Ref. #14-11)
TERC is actively seeking to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.