|Table of Contents|
Currently, TERC has no job openings available.
#19-06 Staff Researcher
Staff Researcher: Part-time (20%) position. The Center for School Reform at TERC, a not-for-profit research and development institution focusing on education in STEM fields, in Cambridge, MA, invites applications for a part-time position of Staff Researcher (“R&D1”). The Researcher will work on a research project that involves middle and high school students in addressing climate change through problem-based projects that innovate methods to reduce greenhouse gases. The project is funded by the National Science Foundation. The position is envisioned for a novice researcher who is interested in developing qualitative research skills. The Researcher’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: assisting team leaders with the development of research instruments (surveys, interview protocols); organizing qualitative and quantitative data; conducting literature searches, drafting memos and parts of literature reviews; and assisting with qualitative data coding, and analysis.
- B.A. or B.S. in education or related social science field preferred;
- familiarity with qualitative methods;
- curiosity and willingness to learn on-the-job;
- abilities to work independently and on own initiative;
- abilities to demonstrate strong writing and analytic skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to work with members of diverse groups;
- abilities to be well organized and to have excellent time management skills;
- good oral and written communication skills;
- familiarity with qualitative coding software (e.g., NVivo) is helpful but not required;
- knowledge of educational uses of social media
- knowledge of gender, race/ethnicity, social justice, and STEM issues is a plus.
The work will be for 8 hours per week and will begin in July 2019. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Compensation commensurate with experience will be provided. We are considering a strong internal candidate.
Please email cover letter and resume, and any inquiries to: Dr. Gillian Puttick at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls and no recruiters please.