Please click here to go to the full job description and to apply.
#19-03 Information Technology Summer
About the Role:
TERC’s IT department is offering a summer internship to a current student for the purpose of gaining practical technology-related and general office support experience in a professional setting. This is a full-time position funded for 8-10 weeks.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to ITintern2019@terc.edu. Please do not call.
#19-04 Research Associate
Full-time (80%) position. The Researcher will work on research projects that address success factors for members of social groups underrepresented in higher education and work settings in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Projects are funded by the National Science Foundation and the Kapor Center/Center for Gender Equity in Science and Technology. The position is envisioned for a novice researcher who is interested in developing qualitative research skills. The Researcher’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: assisting team leaders with the development of interview protocols; organizing data; conducting literature searches, drafting memos and parts of literature reviews; and assisting with transcription, qualitative data coding, and analysis.
- B.A. or B.S. in education or related social science field preferred;
- familiarity with qualitative methods, especially interviewing;
- curiosity and willingness to learn on-the-job;
- abilities to work independently and on own initiative;
- abilities to demonstrate strong writing and analytic skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to work with members of diverse groups;
- abilities to be well organized and to have excellent time management skills;
- good oral and written communication skills;
- flexibility to travel for data collection and dissemination;
- familiarity with qualitative coding software (e.g., NVivo) is helpful but not required;
- knowledge of gender, race/ethnicity, social justice, and STEM issues is a plus.
The work will be for 20-32 hours per week and will begin in May or June 2019. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Compensation commensurate with experience will be provided. We are considering a strong internal candidate.
Please email cover letter and resume, and any inquiries to: Mia Ong at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Job Ref. #19-04)
TERC is actively seeking to diversify its staff and places a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.