#18-16 - Systems and Network Administrator
For fifty years, TERC has been introducing millions of students throughout the United States to the exciting and rewarding worlds of math and science learning. Led by a group of experienced, forward-thinking math and science professionals, TERC is an independent, research-based organization dedicated to engaging and inspiring all students through stimulating curricula and programs designed to develop the knowledge and skills they need to ask questions, solve problems, and expand their opportunities.
We are located in a historic factory building between Porter & Davis Squares. We are a relatively small organization (<100), but are tech heavy and seeking forward-thinking individuals.
TERC places a high priority on fostering a unique staff that is diverse, inclusive, and collaborative to reflect the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
About the Role:
This is a full-time position with a flexible work schedule, casual dress code, health benefits, and opportunities for professional development training and growth.
The Systems and Network Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, supporting and repairing server, network and cloud platforms. You will regularly interact with staff via email, chat, phone, and in-person. We thrive in a team environment, but you should feel comfortable managing large projects independently.
- Performs configuration, administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrades for existing and new organization systems and network infrastructure, both on cloud platforms and onsite.
- Implements and maintains security, data storage and disaster recovery strategies with supervision.
- Possesses intermediate to advanced knowledge of virtualization infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, Linux, Windows Server, web technologies, version control, configuration management, and scripting.
- Manages and integrates SAAS and cloud services into existing systems.
- Responsible for network integrity and maintenance. May assist with network design. Possesses intermediate to advanced knowledge of switching, routing, and wireless networking.
- Responsible for email administration and configuration, including troubleshooting at an intermediate level.
- Provides Tier 2-3 support to relevant help requests.
- Often serves as main point of contact with vendors when maintaining external services.
- Direct experience working with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu).
- Direct experience with a configuration management tool (.e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef). Puppet is preferred.
- Direct experience managing hypervisors (ideally VMware vSphere) including network and storage (SAN).
- Direct experience with TCP/IP networking, switch and router administration, wireless LAN management, DNS (Bind) configuration, and DHCP configuration.
- Direct experience managing web servers (LAPP or LAMP stack).
- Direct experience managing AWS infrastructure including (but not limited to): EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, Glacier, and CodeCommit.
- Direct experience managing Active Directory Domain Services.
- Direct experience working with Office 365/Outlook.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and to work collaboratively within a team.
- Experience with MacOS; TERC is an all Mac environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to SysAdmin2018@terc.edu.
TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.